The aim of the Wildlife Producers Association of Zambia is:
- To foster the growth of the private wildlife estate and especially its national contribution to food production and security, job creation and community development, wildlife and wildlife habitat conservation and private sector development.
This aim will be achieved via 6 specific lines of business which are:
- To stimulate the interest of non-member, especially indigenous Zambians, Zambian companies or communities to become a wildlife producer and member;
- To provide technical information and advice to members and non-member in the private management, production, care and trade of wildlife;
- To provide information and advice to members on the laws, procedures and practices of the Government, its agencies and authorities;
- To represent members, and defend their interests, on private wildlife estate technical, legal and policies issues that may affect all the estate and its members;
- To centralize and analyse information and statistics on the private wildlife estate and report to members and relevant government authority;
- To represent with members, partners and clients, by delegation, the wildlife authority, as agreed with said authority.
Affiliations and partnerships:
- WPAZ is affiliated to organisations such as the ZNFU (Zambia National Farmers Union) and the PHAZ (Professional Hunters Association of Zambia) in order that all common aspects of our industries such as agriculture and livestock, hunting and tourism can be included in promotion, development and representation. The Wildlife Producers Association of Zambia is a fully paid up associate member of the Zambia National Farmers Union.
- ZNFU provides WPAZ with a secretariat to deal with WPAZ business, particularly to receipt members subs and make available GTP books to paid up members. This service is available at the ZNFU Accounts Department during normal office hours on Monday to Friday each week. Please consult the Join WPAZ page for important conditions attached to membership of the Wildlife Producers Association of Zambia.